Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  If you read my last post you'll know that this year I made my own flapper costume!  I'm really glad I did too because I can wear it again if I want to since it's good enough quality.  I've always liked the flapper dress look so I didn't want to waste my money on an ill-fitting cheap version from Party City or anything.  I spent about the same amount of money on materials as I would have on a store-bought version.  (I'm not knocking all store-bought costumes, don't get me wrong.  They just never seem to fit as nice as they could, plus you would look silly wearing it out on any other day other than Halloween).

dress: handmade
fishnet tights: Target
heels: Mudd (from the old days of high school band concerts! ca. 2005)
headband: handmade
feather & beads: Party City
lipstick: Revlon- Fire & Ice
nail color: Revlon- Revlon Red

This past Saturday I danced it up at the local dance club, Luna, along with my friends.  It was such a blast!  Saw some great costumes there too, my favorite was the giant Lego man!  I'm bummed I didn't think to take a picture of him!

^Dancing at the local speakeasy!

What were your costumes this year?  Have a safe and happy Halloween!

Boo!


8 comments:

  1. haha, love how it all turned out!

    p.s. don't forget to pop by and enter my giveaway!
    http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/2011/10/giveaway_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is super pretty :) LOVE your costume and accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, super cute!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great costume. I would wear that dress for everyday. I love it. Great job!!! :)


    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really impressed! It looks perfect and fits so much better than a store-bought costume. I would totally wear it in real life.

    Also, hair envy!

    ReplyDelete